There are nearly a half-million registered boats in South Carolina, according to statistics from the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. That translates to a huge audience of boat owners, would-be owners, and people who just like being out on the water.
These are the consumers who will fill the Charleston Area Convention Center for the 34th Annual Charleston Boat Show January 24-26, 2014.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the boat show audience:
• 48% have annual household incomes of $91,000 or more
• 71% have household incomes over $60,000
• 60% are married
• 21% are aged 33-43; 31% are 44-54
• 70% are current boat owners
Source: JBM & Associates’ On-Site Surveys
Because The Charleston Boat Show takes place in January, during the boating off-season, attendees use it as an opportunity to plan their warm-weather activities and upgrade their boats and gear.
Most come to the show with their families or friends and spend the entire day looking at the new models, shopping for boats and accessories, watching demonstrations, participating in workshops, talking with vendors, and enjoying the camaraderie with fellow boaters.
It’s the perfect time and place to showcase what you have to offer – and to sell to consumers who are ready to buy.
The Charleston Boat Show – it’s where the Lowcountry’s boating season begins.
Who Should Exhibit?
Any business which sells products or services related to boating, fishing or other water activities, including:
• Boat apparel and accessories
• Boat dealers
• Boat engines
• Boat hitches and trailers
• Boating insurance
• Boat lift, gangway and dock companies
• Boat repair services
• Boat trailers
• Boating publications
• Financial services
• Fishing clubs
• Jet skis
• Marinas and boatyards
• Marine contractors
• Nautical art and decor
• Waterside vacations
• Assigned display space at the biggest boat show and sale in the Lowcountry
• Exposure to thousands of boating and fishing enthusiasts
• Opportunity to demonstrate and sell products and services to a highly targeted audience
• Listing in the official Charleston Boat Show program, which will be distributed at the event entrance
• Listing on the show website, www.TheCharlestonBoatShow.com, with a hyperlink to exhibitor’s website
• Opportunity to sponsor a special feature of the show
• 6’ table, 2 chairs, ID sign and wastebasket
• Six exhibitor ID badges
Boat Show Targets Major Multimedia Marketing to Mariners
JBM & Associates has more than 20 years of event management experience, with an emphasis on consumer show production. We have a proven track record of planning and implementing highly effective marketing and promotional strategies, which we will put into action to fill the Charleston Area Convention Center with your potential customers.
Our marketing plan for The Charleston Boat Show is an extensive, multi-media marketing campaign which includes:
• Show program which will be inserted into a publication and distributed to all attendees at the gate
• Newspaper and other print advertising
• Direct mail
• Outdoor advertising
• Other print collateral such as programs, postcards and posters
• Public relations
• Social networking
We encourage our exhibitors to offer demonstrations, contests, giveaways and other interactive activities which will attract attendees to their booths, help sell their products and create an exciting show experience.
For even greater exposure, exhibitors have the opportunity to sponsor special activities and dedicated areas throughout the show, including the Coastal Fishing Show and the exhibitor dinner.
JBM & Associates has formed partnerships with local media to create promotions which call attention to our shows and raise money and awareness for area charities.
Our goals are to attract an exceptional, boat-loving audience to The Charleston Boat Show and to provide a strong return on investment for our exhibitors.
Space Locations and Rates
Exhibit hall bulk space: $2.80/sq. ft.
(Tri-County Marine Association members only)
Parking lot bulk space
Members: $1.80/sq. ft.
Non-members: $1.95/sq. ft.
Lobby booth space: $750
10’x10’ booth in outdoor tent: $695
Exhibitors may select their spaces from the show floor plan and indicate their top four preferences on their exhibitor application forms. Spaces are assigned on a first-come basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate preferences but location is not guaranteed.
Exhibitor kits with forms for ordering electricity, additional décor and other amenities will be sent out about six weeks before the show.